Saturday, October 01, 2005

Wrong Writers

Thursday, I ran across an opinion piece on a southern news website...it blamed all of the Hurricane Katrina response fiasco on Blanco and Nagin. (This posting is not about the content of said article, it is instead about the events which followed.) Anyway, the article ruffled my feathers quite a bit. So, what did I do? I e-mailed the author about it...Below is text of exchange...I have deleted all references to the name of the article, the name of the publication, and the author (Lest I give him more attention than what he is worth. He didn't say anything new, he just regurgitated what Rush, Malkin, Hannity, O'Reilly, Coulter, and the other flatulent ones have said). If you want to read the piece, I will e-mail you the text of it. One note: The online newspaper which printed this is from a mid-sized city in the southeast. I grew up in that area, and occasionally check the headlines to see what's going on. The city is VERY conservative to say the least, but this article was extremely partisan even for them.

Anyway, I am posting this to show what happens when you catch a neo-con in the act of lying. I was hoping for a heated debate, but alas, it was not to be. As you will see, instead of answering my charges, he attempted to insult me to get me to back down. Me being quite the Rabid Squirrel, that was not about to happen. After the initial e-mail and following 2 exchanges happened in pretty quick succession, it has now been a day since I sent the last e-mail. Guess What? He chickened out and hasn't replied, nor do I expect him to. I'm guessing since the final e-mail backed him into a corner (I'd called him on his errors, and his responses) his only reply could have been to respond by admitting he was incorrect in the first place. Of course, we all know the neo-cons are infallible and therefore must never admit they are wrong. He did the next best thing...he crawled back into the redneck cave from which he came and cowered like the yellow bellied Bush worshipper that he is. I have never been prouder.

I am sending him one final message after I post this regarding his spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I have included it at the bottom of the message.

(A little background on the article: his last line in the article was "Now tell me who is to blame. Before you decide to run your mouth please get your facts straight.") (Notice the punctuation and grammar)

Here's the text of the e-mail:

Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:30 PM
From: Me
To: Him

Before YOU start running YOUR mouth, maybe YOU should get YOUR facts straight...

It was FEMA who turned the Red Cross away, NOT the mayor or the governor. That's right, it was our federal government...you know, your "compassionate conservatives". Also, the money given for "levee work" was actually for a Army Corp study to determine what it would take to strengthen them to category 5 protection. That study started in 2003, it is not complete yet. Why don't you ask the President and Congress what took so long.

I suggest that you sit down and shut up because you obviously don't know the facts.

Received: Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:25 PM
From: Him
To: Me

It's really funny what comes out of libs mouths.

Sent:Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:32 PM
From: Me
To: Him

How exactly is that funny? Isn't it interesting that there were over 200 deaths in Mississippi, in a much less populated area and people like you aren't questioning the actions of Haley Barbour? He followed the exact same pattern of evacuations and asking/declining federal help as Blanco. But none of the righties are giving him hell...Why? Because he's a republican.

Oh, and you say "lib" like it's a bad thing. Well, if it's a bad thing to
put citizens before corporations, believe in civil liberties, and think that all humans are created equal no matter how much money they make, then I guess us "libs" are just horrible. I am proud to be a liberal and proud to say that you, Sir, are a fool.

Received: Friday, September 30, 2005 6:11 AM
From: Him
To: Me

YOU LOST. GET USED TO IT.

Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 7:23 AM
From: Me
To: Him

Is that all you've got? You can spew hatred and vitriol when it's just you, putting your thoughts out to the world, but when someone challenges you, you are reduced to short declarative sentences. If you really believe what you write, then back it up. Otherwise, you have no business writing, because you obviously don't care about the truth.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 1:21 AM
From: Me
To: Him

Oh yeah, one last thing. While I was updating my blog tonight, I looked back over your article and noticed something very peculiar...You rambled and spat about the education system, yet in the second paragraph you misspelled "levee", you spelled it "levy" (which means a tax or to tax. A Freudian Slip perhaps?). Also, your punctuation is atrocious, as is your grammar. I suggest you go back to school and learn the 3 R's before making such an idiot of yourself again. It is people like you who make Neo-Cons so easy to hate. You almost make Sean Hannity palatable. (Go look it up if you don't know what it means. You do know what a dictionary is, don't you?)

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if he replies, or if he will continue to cower down. I'll keep updating as the story unfolds.

For Part II of this story, click here.

1 comment:

Marked Hoosier said...

Hello. I liked the email exchange, he wouldn't even talk to you... what a great journalist.

Oye, the sad thing is they are in power...