Monday, October 03, 2005

Delay Got Hammered...AGAIN!!!!!

Did you hear that his lawyer tried to get the conspiracy charge dropped. His argument is that if the indictment wasn't political, then they should drop the charges so Delay can reverse the political damage. Huh? Let me get this straight...The grand jury heard the evidence, decided there was enough evidence to indict, handed down the indictment, Ronnie Earle delivered the indictment, stated time and time again that it wasn't political, and Delay's lawyers think that since they(the prosecutor's office) say the whole process wasn't political, they should drop the charges? Does this make sense to any living soul out there? If it does, please let me know. I have never heard such a frivilous defense. If this works, every goon in this country will try to use this to get out of trouble. Hell, if I'm ever indicted, I might try it. I AM planning on running for city council as soon as my ward councilman is up for election, there could be political damage that needs to be reversed. Hey, what's good for the goose must be good for the gander.

No comments: