Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Are Bushy Boy and Al Qaeda on the Same Page?

Exactly how many “Number 2” Al Qaeda guys are there? Didn’t we kill #2 last week? And the week before? And the week before that? And a couple of weeks before that? I don’t think we’ve even gotten close to getting the real #2…

The reason I mention this is that US intelligence just “intercepted” a memo from Al Qaeda’s “real” #2, Ayman al-Zawahri, (as noted in the 9/11 Commission report) saying that if they wait us out we’ll run and leave like in Vietnam. Then they can take over the entire Middle East and turn it into an Islamic Theocracy.

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? Isn’t it a little bit more than odd that at the same time Bushy Boy is saying we can’t give a time table for pulling out of Iraq because it would give aid and comfort to the enemy, Zawahri is saying “Hey hang on guys, they’ll leave before long?” I do not believe for one second that we intercepted a memo of any sort, and even if we did, I highly doubt that it would have used Bush’s talking points. Maybe I’m being overly cynical, but I’ve yet to hear anything true come from this administration’s lips.

I take that back, Bush did say something true once…”Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” –August 8, 2004 - The Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2005 bill signing in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.



No comments: